Reasons to belong to the RMC:
- RMC is an organization that provides its manufacturing company members the opportunity to share ideas, best practices, business challenges, and other issues common to manufacturers. RMC provides a network for manufacturers to discuss problems/solutions, find future customers and/or vendors, and to get to know your counterparts. We have members from Ashland, Richland, Crawford, Huron and Wayne counties. Membership fees are $100 for member companies and $200 for associate member companies per year.
- Quarterly membership meetings invite speakers to discuss “hot topics” and other current events within the manufacturing industry. Card Check Recovery Programs, Healthy Families Act, Company fraud, Top Ten OSHA Violations, Affordable Care Act, 5S, Succession Planning, Safety, and Environmental Compliance are examples of topics discussed. We also have had roundtables to discuss various subjects in small groups.
- RMC has a Government Affairs Committee that stays up-to-date on all governmental legislative matters that pertain to manufacturing. They attend events at the statehouse and national level to allow politicians to hear the concerns of manufacturers within our region. Local politicians attend our events and are available to hear your concerns. The committee communicates to our membership on a regular basis.
- Specialized training sessions – 10 hr OSHA training session, Job Shop Lean Manufacturing training, Workers compensation and termination training, etc.
- Manufacturing After (or Before) Hours Events – tour RMC member manufacturing facilities to see first-hand their products and processes, network with others, and learn from others.
- Manufacturing Career Days held to bring High School students to meet with manufacturers about the products made locally, tour manufacturing facilities and to learn about manufacturing as a career path.
- Group Purchasing options are available, such as electric and rebates from MHS.
- RMC has an Education Committee to obtain funds for Scholarships to graduating High School Seniors enrolling in manufacturing courses at North Central State College.
- RMC is the Sector Leader for the Manufacturing Sector of the Richland Community Development Group. Members are able to list their assets on the RCDG mapping website.
- RMC’s new website offers manufacturers an avenue to list their capabilities, products, and services for potential web users to find a source of supply. It is also used to list equipment for sale, procurement opportunities for members, newsletters, upcoming events with a calendar, and other membership information.
- The American Production and Inventory Control Society recently joined the RMC as an Associate Member. APICS experience and education in production, purchasing, inventory and Supply Chain management is an asset to RMC members. APICS co-sponsor Manufacturing Forums for the benefit of both organizations.
If you are not a member and would like further information, contact an Executive Committee member or Melanie Riggleman at firstname.lastname@example.org